Possible electrical short on teac A-3300S

krhall

Ok i just did some meter readings on my machine and 1 of the AC power input terminals is shorting to the metal casing of the machine, but when i press the power button to "on" possition both AC power input terminals short to the metal casing. This only leads me to believe that the main transformer windings are failing. As when i put power to the machine and i use a voltage testing screwdriver, it shows a residule current running throughout all of the metal casing.

Should i be worried about this or does it mean that this machine is electronicly unsafe to use.

Now i'm not sure if it was static but as soon as i touched the metal face plate where the reels sit i got a belt from it.

I just need to know this before i condemn this machine as scrap. and butcher it for parts.

Keith

I found out what was causing the shortout.

6 wires inside the machine were joined together causing 60 Volt DC current to be discharged to the metal frame of the machine.
The 6 wires have now been seperated and the circuit is now fixed.

I think these 6 wires may have been for the automatic stop sender unit which has been removed from the machine.
There are 2 empty screw holes next to the insied of the right hand trailer arm which is where i think it was located.

Keith

Back