Portable recording.

artlover

I'm a singer/songwriter. I'm just looking for something I can record with on the road that isn't ridiculously expensive. I'd like something I can hook up to my PC to burn discs of recordings. Any suggestions?

The Fostex MR-8 records to CF card memory, is simple to use and will export .wav files directly to your PC. Recently made obsolete by the introduction of the HD model, you can find them discounted all over.

Boss makes a couple really nice multi-track portable recorders, also. They can be found on e-bay for as low as $125.

Unfortunately, if you want to hook up to your computer, the USB function pretty much reared it's head in last years products and most likely still cost more than you want (if you want cheap that is). Other, older products by Boss/Yamaha/whoever, can pretty much burn WAV files that can be transferred to PC. I'd imagain that you're probably still looking at a few hundred bucks though. Check out the Yammy AW16G. It's recently been replaced and has dropped in market value.

Back