portable multi track recorders

GUITAR08

Hi, just one question before i go and get one - can you put the stuff you record onto a computer? i only want because i need to go somewhere else to record drums so i need to know if i can put the drum tracks onto the computer and add the guitars etc
thanks.

Hi, just one question before i go and get one - can you put the stuff you record onto a computer? i only want because i need to go somewhere else to record drums so i need to know if i can put the drum tracks onto the computer and add the guitars etc
thanks.

If it has any sort of digital connectors (USB, Firewire etc) you can. Even if it doesn't, you'll be able to record onto your computer from the outs.

Have you got one in mind? If it's a newish one then it'll almost be guaranteed to work with your Pc.

no i havent really looked yet. i will probably spend about £200. what are the good ones in my price range?

Nothing with enough inputs to record drums... :(

Indeed. The closest thing to what you need for on-site drum recording would be a Tascam 2488 or similar. Around $699 US / £350.

From your question, I'm guessing you're not using a laptop? £200 could buy a multi-input interface that you could schlep along with a laptop computer...

Back