Pork-Pie

Amped

Anyone have any experience with the Pork-Pie 6"x14" "Piglite" clear acrylic snare drum for recording ? I messed with one the other day at GC and was semi-impressed by its tonage, especially rim shots, and overall playability. Would like some feed back before I shell out the bucks. Also considering a similar snare by Fybes.
Thanks!

Check out an EDGE!

B4 you do anything, check out DW's Edge snare! If you have the $$, you will be going home with it!

Amped said:
Anyone have any experience with the Pork-Pie 6"x14" "Piglite" clear acrylic snare drum for recording ? I messed with one the other day at GC and was semi-impressed by its tonage, especially rim shots, and overall playability. Would like some feed back before I shell out the bucks. Also considering a similar snare by Fybes.
Thanks!
:)

Hey, thanks for the heads up on the Edge, I did some investigation and it seems to be a worthy consideration, however, I couldnt find anywhere that listed an actual price, I know what the porkpie costs and what it sounds like at least live, Im trying to get some feedback from people who have used it in recording situations..... Anybody??? Nobody??? It sucks?? What??

yeah

I recently saw the band Big D and The Kids Table and their drummer played a pork pie acrylic. I was also looking at one of these to buy, because they are so damn cool and cheap, and I was sold after they played. The snare has awesome crack, and is surprisingly warm sounding for a plastic shell. Sounds better to me than many higher end snares. The snare really cuts through the mix. It just sounds awesome. Perfect for punk/ska stuff. I think its a great deal and I can't wait to get one. Hope this helps.

Outlet7 said:
I recently saw the band Big D and The Kids Table and their drummer played a pork pie acrylic. I was also looking at one of these to buy, because they are so damn cool and cheap, and I was sold after they played. The snare has awesome crack, and is surprisingly warm sounding for a plastic shell. Sounds better to me than many higher end snares. The snare really cuts through the mix. It just sounds awesome. Perfect for punk/ska stuff. I think its a great deal and I can't wait to get one. Hope this helps.

Cool, thats the kind of feedback I was hoping for, I hope it records as well as it sounds live!
Thanks!

Back