Pops/Clicks on Certain Words

Mixteco

Well Ive been trying to fix a mess for about the whole day and still havent fixed it with the stock plugins in Adobe Audition.

A rapper came in and did his thing; everything is almost NEAR perfect. His 1st verse is the only thing giving me problems. He went off axis just a bit on certain words with the "K" sound such as "condition, cold, cash, etc"

It sounds like he spit with too much saliva in his mouth. Little clicks and lil pops here and there on his first verse...

Normally I wouldnt care but since he's a christian rapper and actually is rapping for a worthy cause I told em I would fix this up for him for free....I seem to be the only noticing it tho.

I tried using a graphic equalizer to hopefully loose the clicks but no luck...I would try a parametric eq BUT have no idea using one...

Any help?

Sounds like you're compressing the vocals too much. Back it off a bit. Might also be too close to the mic when he did the take.

Are the pops and click right on the vocals or in between them.

If they are in between i would edited them out...if they are on the vocal then you may have to retrack.

Hard to know for sure without hearing the track itsself.

Just get him back in....I wanna change my post that makes comment about the lord

Last edited:
Sounds like you're compressing the vocals too much. Back it off a bit. Might also be too close to the mic when he did the take.

I use a compressor going in...

Im thinking its he was too close to the mic b/c it sounds like "saliva" or "spit" pops...

EDIT:

right after that I accidently deleted the file and have no way of getting it back!!!!!!!

Im soooooooooo mad at myself right now!

All I have is the adobe audition pk file...but its no use to me!

Last edited:

EDIT:

right after that I accidently deleted the file and have no way of getting it back!!!!!!!

Im soooooooooo mad at myself right now!

All I have is the adobe audition pk file...but its no use to me!

Aww man...that stinks. :mad:

Maybe that will be a good excuse to retrack the vocals. Do you have a pop filter?

Aww man...that stinks. :mad:

Maybe that will be a good excuse to retrack the vocals. Do you have a pop filter?

Luckily he was available when I called him and told him about tha situation.

He came in and we did a punch-in for the deleted part of the verse. Came out better than tha first time.

once again I can say...

YIIIIIIPPPPPPPPY!:D

Back