Pop Screen/Filter..........Stedman VS Nady

Freudian Slip

I am going to by a metal style pop screen and I see that the stedman is $40.00 and the Nady is $15.00. Now normaly I would not be caught dead with a piece of Nady gear, but from looking at these they look to be about identical.

Has anyone bought this Nady pop filter and if so did it fall, apart are the wires of the screen not soldered? You know.... is it worth $25.00 extra to get the stedman?

Thanks

F.S.

Cheap pop filter

I bought the cheapest pop filter i could find, and it's been going strong for over 5yrs.

that $14 pop filters works like a charm in front of my MA-200 :D

I bought the cheapest pop filter i could find, and it's been going strong for over 5yrs.

that $14 pop filters works like a charm in front of my MA-200 :D

I've always got all mine for free with some mic or some stands, but they are all nylon.

I've got the nady on the way.

F.S.

I have always made my own using emboidery hoops and various materials from panty hose nylon, silk, cotton and foam. But i am old school when we had to make those things.

My insticts were right.

Well I should have gone with the stedman screen.

With all due respect to those who may have this nady metal pop filter, The thing is really cheap and cheesy to me. The screen is not flat and never will be it easily pops from convex to concave. The flexie arm is short thin and has a kink in it from the factory and the clamp is made in such a way that you will have to loosen it quite a bit to get it on and off the stand.

In short, there is no doubt that this is a nady product.

I am going to try to tweek the screen and attach it to a different pop filter clamp that I have. The screen was obviously not flat when it was welded to the bracket and there in lies the problem.

I know, I know, what do you want for $15.00.

I want to keep it and apply it twards something better;)

F.S.

PS: just for info. the screen is not wire screen, it is expanded metal. I will do an A/B with it before I do any work on it.

Back