Pop radio mix

pretty good VWYF11
I thought that all of the levels were well balanced. I thought the vocals could come up a touch in the heavy parts but that is being very picky.
The song itself is pretty generic, sounds like something from blind182/sum41/not by choice/ any other pop/punk band.

recording was well done though

I agree the vocal is so buried.......

Your room might be tricking you.

And the mix is a tad cold.

Tha Gtr on the left is raging so it makes the mix seem a bit lopsided.

Bryan Giles

Clean tracking and mix, I think the genre is pretty well represented, however dismal it may be. Vocals do need to come up. Sounds very well produced overall.

Good mix, but the song is massively generic and extremely predictable. Bands like Blink and Green Day can actually write good songs despite what anyone says, but yours just sounds like you're working with the formula but don't have the songwriting skills. On a scale of gay to extremely gay I'd give it a "pound me in the ass"

Thanks for the comments. I remixed it, having raised the vocals and fixed some phasing problems with the drums. Its the same file, just updated.

Much better balance left to right. Drums are tighter sounding.

One Question about the vocals, are you mixing at a high volume?? if so you are probably losing the perspective and eq necessary to get them to sit in the mix without clouding it.

You have a lot of upper mid information fighting for position.

Bryan Giles

Hey, good job! good song. The vocals definatly have to
come up but other than that it's really good, I love the
drum sound! what did you use to record them??

Music

i liked it, produced well, and the mix sounds good.
The song itself does sound like something I could hear on the Radio today...which could be a good or bad thing.
Obviously a lot of talent going in here..keep it up!

Rock On!

Thanks for all the comments. The drums were recorded with two mxl603s as a spaced pair (they were pretty low too), a beyer m420 on the snare about two inches up just above the rim, and an audix d6 in the bass drum.
Drum sizes are: 20x20, 6x14 vented snare.

Back