Pop Goodness

vineband

nothing but a harp
... i feel like alot of things are starting together but of course im too invested to really know what the hell is going on anymore. I need that pop acoustic christian music mix... any ideas on this mix would be welcome. Is there room for piano? the driving guitars just seem flat???

this song began with some 3 year old drums tracked on 2" in a really big room and a salvaged hammer dulcimer - i had the pleasure of stacking everything else on top... pure fun!

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=8832

I'm not usually into this style of music. But this is really good. Great song. The mix sounds wonderful to me (mind you, I'm listening on some pretty small cheap headphones). I really like the different textures of the various instruments. Nice contrasts.

It sounds perfect as is; however, I always love a nice piano sound in a pop mix. If you add it, be careful not to overwhelm your listeners. Perhaps add it at brief spots while temporarily removing something else from the mix (I love the mute button sometimes).

Yes, the driving guitars sound a little lifeless, but I think they are appropriate within the context of the entire mix. They contrast nicely with the dulcimer, which is very bright and alive. I'd leave them be.

Keep up the great work.

thank you much, very encouraging! it's accordion, but i do own and use the melodica often....

Yeah, heard the accordian right off the bat. Nice incorporation of it. Usually I can't stand it aside from Weird Al's use. lol

Lyrically it's dull.

Pop - defintiely a nice feel good thing.

One issue is the lack of bass definition and partly because of the placement of the bass, it's colliding head-on with the kick drum. If you can ease back on the lowest frequencies of bass parts a bit, maybe turn up the mids more, I think it would resolve that. From what I can hear of the kick drum, that sounds fine. The issue is entirely in the bass guitar.

The tamborine was a little loud in the bridge near the end. Could hear it backed off to the right levels in the final chorus.

Overall this is a well produced song. I would sell my soul to the recording company for a percentage of this. :D

Back