political death metal polka ballad

zed32 said:
your Extreme Metal songs are my inspiration for DFHS programming. :D

if it werent for those songs, i might not have ever bought the damn thing. :cool:

Hey, I'm glad somebody liked em! :p

I have this old school walkman looking zoom pedal thing from the early 90's that I sang through once in college. It did this awesome thing on one setting where my voice became pretty much an entire metal band. I'll lay some of that in.

Anyone ever hear those "worst music ever" spots on NPR. Let's get ourselves on there.

Can anyone sing my lyrics with a good cookie monster death metal voice?

oh-- i missed it. dogman on the vox.

Also, I don't *really* play the trombone. Better make it in an easy key,

Where's Polska77? We need some behind the iron curtain goodness in the mix.

I wish I wasn't leaving to go back to sea on Tuesday! :mad:

I didn't buy that SansAmp Bass Driver DI for nothing.... :rolleyes:

TravisinFlorida said:
not exactly. :p

first riff idea: http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=7390

sloppy as hell but you know.......

i have some beer and bbq to consume so i might post something else later tonight unless i get tanked. if so, see you guys tomorrow.

dude that's awesome, i just got home from work, i'm gonna get on the drums right NOW. be back in a few

so you're going for a 3/4 feel? or like some 3/4 and some 4/4

hey zed, it's 3/4 200 bpm. is it polka enough? or should i go for the happy dancy polka? i'm going out the door and will be gone until late tonight. i'll check back in later tonight.

yeah it's polka enough, not that i would know haha. i'm doin the drums as we speak. it's kick-ass.

Holy Crap! That is awesome, Travis.

This is the part where I talk about getting my bone out. Or maybe I'll skip that before Greg L tells me how gay that is.

I haven't ever converted MP3 to wav and put it into a cubase project, but I think I will be working on it this weekend!

I can do electric bass, accordion and drums. maybe even bow my double bass under all of it...

lo fi all the way. I have a vibraphone, too...

I also have this serbian horn music that's like about 200 bpm. it's like carpathian tuba techno. most of the tracks melted when I left it in the car one weekend, but there's enough to sample!

OK. I have it set to loop, and I'm really hearing some demented bowing under it... will do some tomorrow after the band leaves.

I'm thinking some atonal trombone slides that take several measures and are panned accross the field as they ascend and descend...

zed32 said:
so far the Political Death Metal Polka Ballad Society lineup looks like:

Vocals: Dogman
Guitar: Travis"inFlorida"
Guitar2: Greg_L
Bass/Trombone: Obi-Wan zenabI
fake Drums: zed32
Accordion: anonymous studio musician, or possibly OWz :D

this should be fun.
I thought I called bass in post 18. Was I too obscure? ;)

Back