Pointed in the right direction?

MiddleC

Hi, just discovered this BB this morning and I am amazed at all the stuff. Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on point of view) I am unemployed right now so I have plenty of time for reading.

I'm a keyboard player in classic rock band and my significant other is the sound man, so we have plenty of live equipment - no furniture - but plenty of stuff! I bought a Fostex VF80ex a few months ago. Fun to mess around with but it's limited with only 2 inputs. Anyway, I thought I might venture into this whole MIDI thing. I have a Kurzweil PC2x and Yamaha S03 (top board) and the Yamaha came with software, XGworks lite - demo program. I am waiting on a cable connection (M-Audio direct connect per the Yamaha manual) and have installed the software.

Do you think this is a good way to learn about MIDI? I'm one who likes to read the manual, mess around, read more, mess around, etc. I will continue to read more about software on this board since if this seems "do-able" I am sure I will be buying a good program...and more stuff...who needs furniture anyway??? Thanks. :)

Welcome to the board. I am the type who learns by doing too, but reading is always a good thing to do before you touch anything!

I don't do midi, but there are others on here who do. There is even a forum on here devoted to midi (i'm sure you've seen it). If you have any specific questions on what you are doing, just post the question there.

Good luck, and do buy some furniture when you get a chance! LOL!

Back