Pod

omo

Any pod users out there who can recommend a good bass amp emulation?

I know there is a bass pod, but I've heard good results can be yielded from the regular guitar pod on bass.

My experiments have been mixed, but none that I would consider using.

Anyone?

I've been using the Classic British Bass and just tweaking the settings. I DL'd it from the Line 6 site.

I use my pod to record bass one in a while. I usually use the preamp simulator or the Fender Bassman simulator (blues tweed i think). I end up playing around with the pod ea and gain and the bass' eq quite a bit - but i can usually end up a decent sound - nothing great. It is a pod after all.

I've never hooked up my pod with midi and transferred presets, I prefer to twist nobs.
I'll try that bassman idea, although I may have already tried it...

thanks

Anyone else care to contribute?

I previewed the BassXT (the one before the new FloorPod that I read has a great synth bass) for about 3 hours alternating between an amp and headphones. I was really disappointed, actually. I've heard loads of people say they're getting good results, but everything just sounded muffled and indistinct. I have a '65 12" Ampeg fliptop and have played 15"s and I found the Pod's fliptop to sound nothing like a real one. Maybe in the context of a band they sound right... I gave up after that.

I do use the Line6 DL-4 and DM-4 and am quite happy with both (they aren't perfect, but they're reliably good and versatile)

Back