POD Upgrade

Mountaineer

Is upgrading from POD to POD 2.0 worth the $50? 3 extra amp models, improved tuner ( it couldn't be worse ), what else does it offer? I've read the sight at Line6 . . question is does it sound better than the original? Thanks!

PAPicker

speakers !

The extra amps added does not impress me, but the speaker select from the front panel is just about worth the $50, for me anyway.

AlChuck> I don't really care about the tuner. I use a Korg G-12 anyway. Thanks for the link. Doesn't look like the added models are that hot and I use Sounddiver to switch cabs. I may wait for 3.0 :D

Stan>Thanks for the input

PAPicker

The additional options for amp simulation (which you can access from the POD rather than from a computer) are helpful, but in my opinion the real value of the upgrade relates to the additional cabinet simulation options, also accessable from the POD (vs. computer).

I just upgraded.

The tuner is good now. Faster/more responsive than that of most electronic tuners I've encountered.

The new amp sounds are good too.

I still haven't tried the improved switching yet though. I'll let you know when I do.

OK, I've tried the switching. It's not perfect but it is better.

Has anyone noticed that the "Rectified" amp model has changed? I remember before I upgraded, I could make my windows rattle with that model, but since I upgraded, the bass on that model seems much weaker. Maybe this is beneficial while recording and that's why they did it, I don't know, but it was fun to crank it up and make my windows rattle.

Back