POD Problems

FourEyesRock

I have a quick question. Im running my POD directly into my Echo Layla 24/96 with Event trn5 monitors but everytime i record i end up getting a horrible sound. Ive fooled around with the AIR and AMP modes for it, changed cabinet settings (ex closed back 4x12, open back 2x12), different distortions...you name it. The sound i get from every sound is like its under a pillow. I mean i can barely make out anything. Ive put my settings on the Layla between 44 and 96 and 16 to 24 bit and it makes the slightest difference. Does anyone have any ideas on how i can make my POD sound vibrant or is it always going to sound like its stuck under water?

-mike

Did You.......

Check your volume and tone knobs on your guitar, make sure they are up. (Hey it sounds stupid but it happens)
Try another cable maybe? Try hooking your pod into something else and see if it still sounds the same, maybe something is wrong with your pod.

FourEyesRock said:
i get from every sound is like its under a pillow

Apart from other suggestions, if the POD still seems to be screwing your sound over, and it's not your gutiar/leads, check (in Manual mode) :-

Amp model "Tube preamp", Drive at minimum. Effects Tweak at zero. Centre Low-Mid-High controls. Channel Volume to Full.

Does it sound ok now? Vanilla "just plugged in" guitar sound?
Put headphones straight into the POD, don't listen through other stuff, that will help spot if it's the POD.

If not, is there any possibility that the "Wah pedal" section has kicked in? I've had this happen, when I got an accidental MIDI loopback going on ... switching on the POD with the MIDI in and out connected put the WAH pedal part way down, which is not cool, seeing as I don't have the POD pedal to correct it.

I don't know how you would clear this, without the pedal, or by sending MIDI Continous Controller messages (CC) to the unit from a keyboard, PC, MIDI Automation unit (Kenton/Phatboy etc).

Are you using this thing with a MIDI hookup at all? It confused the heck out of me when it started doing it. Now I've removed the loopback and got a MIDI controller, so it won't catch me now :)

Mike.

I hear if the output isnt set to direct then you will have similar problems.. I dont remember off hand how to change it, but look in the manual... If its set to direct you should be ok.

thanks

Thanks a lot for the help guys. I did figure out what the problem was. Turns out...i was basically overriding my outputs...i was putting too much volume through them...(plus my cord was a piece of crap) so the signal was basically messed up. All i did was reset the memory on the POD and then i was good to go. Later guys.

-mike

Back