POD HISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sabith

AHHHHHHHHHHH $500 Canadian dollars............
and I get hissssss!!!!!!!!
I tried every different patch job........
nuthin workin right.....
I saw on the line6 FAQ that there is commonly hiss on OPEN geetar
BUT WTF!!!!!!!!

any tips on how to make it sound better??

Sabith

POD's don't hiss inherently... you haven't got the right combination of settings - obviously you aren't playing with it enough!!! ;)

I've used a POD and now a POD Pro and never have noise problems except for extreme high-gain settings (which is normal)...

Some tips:
- Turn up the channel volume as much as possible before turning up the output level...
- use the noise gate...

Bruce Valeriani
Blue Bear Sound

[Edited by bvaleria on 09-28-2000 at 05:21]

Another important thing to remember is not to have the guitar facing toward your recording unit and/or your monitors while recording... especially if your pick-ups are humbuckers! For some reason it picks up a lot of extra noise that way.

I just wanted to add my 2 cents. I have a POD Pro that I use live and for recording and I've had absolutely NO hiss problem. I'm kinda puzzled at how many times I see this come up in the various BBS sites I visit.

I was also dismayed at the amount of hiss there was when I first bought my POD, but I've come to learn that most of this is part of the amp modeling itself.
One more tip. Have you hooked it up to Sound Diver with a pair of MIDI patch cables? You ain't tried "all the patches" until you do.

Back