POD and BASS POD xt vs. PSA 1.1

nonovice

Im thinking of either purchasing the pod/ bass pod (xt) or the PSA 1.1 to add some versitilaty to my studio. I have tried both, but have not used either for recording. Any insight would be much appreciated.

I have the PSA 1.0 and really enjoy its flexibility. It is not really intended as a direct recording box as the digital units are (when using dirty guitar sounds) I use the PSA as a preamp to my power amp to my cab to my mic(s).

However, the PSA sounds great when recorded direct on cleaner sounds with either a bass or git.

I have very little exposure to the pods, so I won't comment.

I'm very familiar with PODS...........DON'T BUY ONE!!! I just got rid of my PodXT Live and got a Boss GT-8. The very same day my bass player got rid of his bass Pod XT Live and got a Boss GT-6B for bass. We recorded a couple of songs with it, and man it sounds awesome. We've tried everything to get a good bass sound for recording. First we bought a Radial direct box....sounded o.k., then we bought a SANS AMP Bass Driver...still not good enough. Then we rented a Klark-teknik pre-amp (Midas bought them out)......Getting better at this point. Finally he bought a GT-6B........sounds F$%#@# AWESOME going direct in! My bass player love slight distortion on his bass (I'll never understand bass players, no offense!) The GT-6B gave him just what he wanted. Now I will say this, he HAS NOT hooked it up to his amp yet, so I don't know how well it sounds through an amp, but one real cool feature of this thing is that it has a direct out, which you can run dry (kind of like a thru button on a direct box.) We recorded a clean track (direct out) and a distorted track aty the same time. For rercording purposes, I highly recommend this unit. At least check it out. I don't know anything about the other pedal you mentioned.

Back