Plug ins

Johnrg

Hello,

Can someone please explain what a plugin is.

Do they work in realtime on a send and return basis like an external effect or are they the same as the built in effects I have in Cool edit pro/sound forge in terms of a short preveiw and thats all.

Thanks

JohnG

How a plugin works all depends on the host software.

They work in realtime with sends and returns in SAW Studio. I don't know about anything else anymore.

You're not alone

I look forward to the day I stop getting blank looks everytime I mention SAW!!

>>but aren't they out of business??<<

Nope! www.sawstudio.com However, everything before their Pro version has been discontinued. And as of March, SAW Studio will no longer be sold as software only. Bob has decided to go the turn-key route, unfortunately.

SA+

I bump up this thread and say I love SAW!!! No one ever knows what I'm talking about! Mines is old at 16bits, but man, nothing new comes close to the ease of use and acuracy. Rock on Saw users!

Johnrg said:
Hello,

Can someone please explain what a plugin is.

Do they work in realtime on a send and return basis like an external effect or are they the same as the built in effects I have in Cool edit pro/sound forge in terms of a short preveiw and thats all.

Thanks

JohnG

in programs like cubase, the plugin is usually VST-based and works realtime...... the plugin can either be applied to individual tracks, or strapped across the send/return bus on the cubase mixer... programs like cool edit, on the other hand (of which I am a proud user of) use after-the-fact plugins, as in you can't use them in realtime (unless you're using cool edit 2.0, but from what I've heard about it, I don't really want to bother with it just yet).

Back