pls read

Sofisticated

hey fellaz...i will get straight to the point...i am not used to doing collabs over the net but i found this girl and she has a great voice...i want to feature her on one of my tracks but the thing is she lives in alaska....she doenst have any professional equiptment or anything so its rather rough when it comes to her quality....

how would u take the harshness out and clean up the clip without degrading as much of the quality as u would if u just put over a hiss reduction filter...i know it can be done ive seen it before

pls help im on a limb....much appreciated

I'd use the SoundForge noise reduction plugin. If used judiciously it can do a decent job of reducing hiss. If you get too carried away with it, it'll sound like birds are chirpping in the background though.

Yo Classy One:

Easy solution to your problema. Have your "friend" do her vocal in Alaska @ a competent studio.

If you're doing the music, send it there and, Voila -- she will have a trouble free track and you will not have to work up a sweat on production.

The pro-folks do it on the telephone, like a trumpet solo or a bass line, etc.

But, since you and I work on low budgets, I think the above would work easy.

Green Hornet :D :p :p :D

hey ya

thx fellaz for the help...

track rat...i tried 4-5 progs of mine and none would totally get rid of the hiss factor...thanks agian tho...

haha hornet...shes as low budget even lower budget then us so the chances are not happening

what equipment is she using?....even with crappy equipment (ie. cheap mic and soundcard) a decent enuff vocal track can be made if care is taken......

Back