Please tell me this

supertramp1979

Ive posted these numbers on a different site (record project.com) but I figured I could post them here- because Im after something different. You guys dont have to tell me about the songs. I mean you could make fun or appreciate - whatever you like. But answer me this: If I told you these two songs were recorded from 1975-1979 would you believe me? I want ABSOLUTE middle to late 70s authenticity. I dont want any kind of modern hint on my sounds...thats all. Would you believe it? Ive made sure to use everything 70s. Cables, cassette, drums, guitars, synths..
The only things that arent 70s is the four track, the strings on the instruments, and the electricity. Would that be my downfall?
PS anyone have any authentic 70s sounding recordings they could show? This is just a sick obssesion of mine and I sometimes wonder if people even know what Im talking about !!

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=3840&alid=-1

Personally, I think you nailed the sound pretty well. I had a friend back then that owned a Moag Synth that sounded just like what your doing.

I know what you mean about the sound. Nice warm sound.

Now if you can nail "Paradise By The Dashboard Lights"...... I'll stand up and cheer!! :)

Good job!

Not sure if it has a 70's feel but it definitely sounds sweet. I love the guitar sounds and the spacy feeling.

Hey man...you fooled me. The top end of the kit sounds really nice to me. I kinda' want more low end in general, but it's a nice job.

Sorry - I'll be the black sheep... liked the tunes themselves but hated the recordings - you really hear the 4-track fidelity limitations.... there are many 70's records with sweet-sounding drums - these aren't like them.....

The vibe is 70's, the instrument sounds definitely are, but the recording itself is porta-studio demoish sounding.

sucks. I was afraid. Its true cheap four track recording. You cant fucking win with those stupid things. I guess I was expecting this all along. I refuse to go digital though, I'll have to find a multi channel reel to reel- something that records at higher speeds. Thanks blue bear for the criticizm, It took someone to tell me to realize the truth. Sucks!
PS why dont they make reel to reel still? Why does analog have to die just because digital is hot? Those fuckers!

Back