Please suggest: Peavey Wolfgang Special pickup replacement

tuna

Hey !
I own a Peavey Wolfgang Special, and while I think its a great guitar, I just feel that its pickups doesn`t honour the rest of it.
My another axe is a fender strat with seymour duncan hot rails in the bridge, and I am thinking seriously about changing the wolfgang bridge pickup to a JB or another seymour pickup ( I really dont like the DiMarzio sound, had some paf pro and custom, but didn`t worked for me ). I read that either JB or even the custom duncan works ok on it.
I just would like to get more gain and low end, even with the .009 strings...
Thanks for any replies or hints.

Thanks for the reply, I`ve heard good things about this pickup too.
I am afraid that even replacing the pickup, I wont get a good sound.
Is there anyone who has replaced a wolfgang pickup and can post some impressions ?

I dont know if these pickups are the same Eddie uses on their guitar, but although I like hist sounding, I bought this guitar because I really enjoy his shape. I just would like to found a pick-up who sounds like my hot rails, but in this humbucking format.
BTW, I can achieve more eddie sounding with my strato + hot rails, than with this guitar, in the right setup.
Regards

jb in the bridge and a jazz neck. that's one of the most popular combos. everybody loves them. i think seymour duncan has a good exchange policy also. if you go to the website, compare the dc resistance and magnet type of the hot rails to there models. that should get you started.

Back