Please suggest a DAW software for a beginner

neojjjk

Hi,
I would like to buy a DAW software.
I have m-audio keyrig 49 ,m audio vocal studio mic, & korg nanopad2 . Also I have an ipad mini with garageband & fl studio mobile HD.

I don't like club,techno/dj music.

I really like pop & light rock songs.

I will buy a laptop after finding a suitable DAW software (windows /mac ).
Can you recommend an user friendly software ?

Hi,
I would like to buy a DAW software.
I have m-audio keyrig 49 ,m audio vocal studio mic, & korg nanopad2 . Also I have an ipad mini with garageband & fl studio mobile HD.

I don't like club,techno/dj music.

I really like pop & light rock songs.

I will buy a laptop after finding a suitable DAW software (windows /mac ).
Can you recommend an user friendly software ?

"Can you recommend an user friendly software?"

In a word? No! I think (not used) Garageband and FL are about as simple as they get?
You have keys and the Korg so might you be quite keen on working with MIDI? If so go for Cubase. LE6 will be more than powerful enough for a long time but if you have macmoney(!) go for the full, C7 Monty.
More generally, Reaper is hard to beat at the price. Some folks love Sonar/Cakewalk X2, not I! But DO download the 30 day demos of MAGIX Sampltude ProX and Producer 11.5 BEWARE DO not get confused with their "Music Studio" software, ToyRus stuff.

But you do not have an Audio Interface it seems? And what are you using to talk to the forum? IMHO the best sub £200 AI extant is the Native Instruments KA6 especially for low latency MIDI work.

Laptop PCs for music is a minefield and many will say if you can afford a mac and MUST have a lappy go for it. I cannot argue with that.

NB! This is the start of a long journey that will leave you poor!

Dave.

Thanks friends . Expecting more suggestions ..
one more doubt ,can you compare Logic pro & fl studio 10 .which one is better for pop & light rock styles ?
No such thing as a genre based DAW. If your just starting out you don't wanna go the pro tools route our logic route. Pro tools would be the best it's studio standard. Reaper us a good starter DAW.

I would suggest reaper because it's free, you can also pay for it, and there are loads of tutorials on youtube for it. Alternatively I would suggest Adobe Audition, which is not free but is very easy to use, although it is not as feature rich as reaper. I learned on this after I found Cubase's interface to be very confusing. I've moved onto reaper now and I still find Cubase's interface mind numbingly confusing. Audition seemed to have everything where I expected it to be.

I can spend 200~300$ for DAW software.for laptop i can spend 600$ ,OR for mac i can spend 600 for mac mini.
After research found that Logic pro has more virtual instruments ,almost 80 plug ins,and convolution reverb .I tried fl studio in my friend's laptop .it is really nice .now I am really confused .
can you tell me the pros and cons of fl studio and logic pro ? please tell me which one is the best and why ?

Last edited:
I can spend 200~300$ for DAW software.for laptop i can spend 600$ ,OR for mac i can spend 600 for mac mini.
After research found that Logic pro has more virtual instruments ,almost 80 plug ins,and convolution reverb .I tried fl studio in my friend's laptop .it is really nice .now I am really confused .
can you tell me the pros and cons of fl studio and logic pro ? please tell me which one is the best and why ?

Jus go with reaper my friend and save your money no need for logic really. Use the rest if that money on other equipment. FL not a real DAW real processing and editing its bit even in the sane convo as pro tools or logic jus trust us. Jus cause u see everyone with fruity loops doesn't mean it's a good tool for what ur trying to do.

Yesterday I tried reaper . I didn't like the interface & it is hard to learn.
I really liked the UI of fl studio & logic . That's why I asked about those two softwares.

Yesterday I tried reaper . I didn't like the interface & it is hard to learn.
I really liked the UI of fl studio & logic . That's why I asked about those two softwares.

I'm not sure if we are all on the same page here. You said you like 'pop and light rock' songs. FL is not really suitable for that type of music production.

I know, I paid good money for the full version, and many synths for my boy who likes to make 'trance' music. None of FL looks like something you would ideally use to actually 'record' an instrument. Which is what your original post inferred. Maybe you should change your first post, or at least be clear as to what it is you wish to do.

Back