Please sound check my re-mix

Mountaineer

I finished the re-mix of "Model Man" yesterday. Again, it's at idrive.com. Enter "PAPicker" in the visitors block. The file is ModelManLoFi.MP3.

With the suggestions you all gave me, here's what I changed :
1 ) Got rid of off-tempo MIDI wood block and added on-tempo, live wood block recorded with the 4033 and panned more toward center.
2 ) Replaced MIDI cymbals with Digital Audio Samples . . . now they are crisp and sustained.
3 ) Added slight bit more decay time to Vox and panned more toward center
4 ) Added more reverb to acoustic guitar solo
5 ) Added synth enhancement to the last two measures of each verse.

Hope this version is more pleasing to your critical ears. Let me know what you think.

Regards,
PAPicker

The wood block is much better. Personal preference might be to try putting it on 2 instead of 1, but that's just a taste issue (and I often end up changing my mind after actually trying things). The ride cymbal that starts around 2:33 still seems a bit early in a lot of places. The rest of the cymbals sound a lot better.

Overall, much better on the little things in the mix. I totally understand the time constraints under which you had to work.

I checked out Model Man. I thought it was a nice song. Recording wise I thought the vocals and the guitar sounded real good even on my very small computer speakers.

pglewis> Thanks for the 2nd D/L and re-listening. The work on this tune is history, however.

Ray J> Thanks for the review. Where in LA are you . . . North or South of the coonass boundry line of Alexandria ? I left my hometown of Ruston 20 years ago . . . never to return.

Regards,
PAPicker

PAPicker, Yeah, south of the coonass line. The town of Eunice. It's about midway between Lafayette and Lake Charles. Not a whole lot of home recorders out here to compare notes with and I'm not really doing the Cajun Music thing. I'm playing heavy blues, groove rock and some heavy jazz basically. I did play a couple of years with a Zydeco and blues man named Beau Jocque who did quite a bit of touring. But there's not much happening out here, the music scene in New Orleans is pretty cool, but that's about it....peace....Ray J

Back