please respond to all comments...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zazz

hmmmm
i think it is quite important that if you submit a track to be evaluated that you take the time to respond to comments likewise.

please remember that in order for somebody to make a comment they need to download your track ...listen to it...evaluate it and then make a balanced judgment on it.

please do the respect of taking a fraction less of that effort to make a valid response.

comments such as nothing!! or your comments are "appreciated".....do not satisfy.

im sure that if everybody puts in ...then we will all get out so much more.

thanks for listening guys.

i think it is quite important that if you submit a track to be evaluated that you take the time to respond to comments likewise.

please remember that in order for somebody to make a comment they need to download your track ...listen to it...evaluate it and then make a balanced judgment on it.

please do the respect of taking a fraction less of that effort to make a valid response.

comments such as nothing!! or your comments are "appreciated".....do not satisfy.

im sure that if everybody puts in ...then we will all get out so much more.

thanks for listening guys.
I just put a song up. Go fucking listen to it so I can reply. :D

or your comments are "appreciated".....do not satisfy.

Aaaaah, we must satisfy Zazz.:confused::rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:

I've listened to 1000s of tracks here over the years. 1000s. I dont do it for some "thank you", I learn as much as the poster does. I do it for ME and my skills, and learn plenty.

In general, if people listen to a good amount of stuff, they will find the favor returned by having people listen to THEIR stuff. Thats a lot more important than some artificial formality.

Aaaaah, we must satisfy Zazz.:confused::rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:

I've listened to 1000s of tracks here over the years. 1000s. I dont do it for some "thank you", I learn as much as the poster does. I do it for ME and my skills, and learn plenty.

In general, if people listen to a good amount of stuff, they will find the favor returned by having people listen to THEIR stuff. Thats a lot more important than some artificial formality.

I think you missed his point - even though I'm the a-hole that inspired this thread. He wants feedback on his feedback. A "thank you for your comments" isn't what he's after. I think that's how the MP3 clinic works 99.9% of the time - me included. I generally do comment on the comments, and did in the thread in question - except for Zazz'z...........oops. :eek:

You are one of the biggest contributors to the clinic, and for that I do say THANK YOU! :D

This clinic had helped me immensely, and I dare say, that I have helped it as much as just about anybody, despite what Zazz thinks..........

Oh, and DavidK, I still think you need to put up some tracks for a mix contest - that would be beyond badass! :D

I think you missed his point -

No, I got his point and saw the infamous locked thread that brought this on.:D It reminded me of Seinfeld and George Costanza: George didnt get thanked properly on several occasions, one being where he bought a "big salad" for Elaine, and his girlfriend got the thanks because she handed Elaine the bag.:D George made a big deal of pointing out that HE paid for the big salad.:p

I haven't listened to 1000s of songs yet (let alone 100s), but I totally agree. Pay it forward, comment on other peoples songs. Who cares about a courtesy response as a formality. If a person gave you his/her comments, but asked for some more information, that's one thing. But what if there's just nothing left to say? I say use that time/energy to critique someone else's song rather than beat a dead horse.

No, I got his point and saw the infamous locked thread that brought this on.:D It reminded me of Seinfeld and George Costanza: George didnt get thanked properly on several occasions, one being where he bought a "big salad" for Elaine, and his girlfriend got the thanks because she handed Elaine the bag.:D George made a big deal of pointing out that HE paid for the big salad.:p

Cool.

Yep, I locked it, as I thought it was going nowhere fast, but apparently that wasn't enough...... :)

I think the clinic works great as is, and really think this is a moot point. It was ONE friggen post I missed, and there was basically a consensus reached already. Enough said.

Let it go man, let it go......

Peace. :D

I think it's a good thing for the OP to acknowledge each person that comments in a thread. I try to. But I do think that it's a flexible thing, and not one to be lectured on or complained about.:p:p

Whatever...

It's much less offensive than the arrogant elitists that post threads here who never comment on anyone elses music but their own.

That's a much more serious problem... most mp3 forums suffer from that to the point that it's worthless to visit them.

It's much less offensive than the arrogant elitists that post threads here who never comment on anyone elses music but their own.

That's a much more serious problem... most mp3 forums suffer from that to the point that it's worthless to visit them.

That is a problem that I've run into with other forums too. I don't really see it to much in the clinic though. Seems like most people in here are engaged with being good members of the community rather than silent visitors.

hell yeah! the love you give should be equal to the love you take! if not more! i'm new, but i'm trying to do my part :)

nl5 ...why lock it ??... lets just have some debate about the guy who posted his track on the premise that things were a little quiet on this forum and then chose to kick back and say nothing.

but im cool about that ...gave you a prod ...but its like im talking to some kind of telephone system......something about a valued customer and your responses are appreciated ...press 2 for try again next time ??

if you had said nothing i would have let it go ...but you gave the :confused: symbol...like you were pissed at me for asking.

come on ...... you ask us to listen and then you dont respect that ...

im acctually a great fan of this forum...but you really pressed my buttons on that one.

nl5 ...why lock it ??... lets just have some debate about the guy who posted his track on the premise that things were a little quiet on this forum and then chose to kick back and say nothing.

but im cool about that ...gave you a prod ...but its like im talking to some kind of telephone system......something about a valued customer and your responses are appreciated ...press 2 for try again next time ??

if you had said nothing i would have let it go ...but you gave the :confused: symbol...like you were pissed at me for asking.

im acctually a great fan of this forum...but you really pressed my buttons on that one.

So, basically you felt that you should start a thread in the mp3 clinic, reserved for music, to embarass NL5? Thats sooooooo lame.:rolleyes:

Dude, pop a midol and let it go. NL5 is a pretty stand-up guy. Most everyone that regularly participates in the clinic is. I really doubt he intentionally ignored you.

ok ..... I went and read the whole thread and it's ridiculous to complain that NL5 didn't respond. All the comments from the time that zazz is griping about were around the same time. Prior to that NL5 responded to every comment.
I often run into crap in life where I don't even get on the 'puter for a week or two .......... can't respond 'till I'm back on. Perhaps NL5 didn't go check this thread often enough because of something like that. Who knows? And you didn't bother to even check or give him the benifit of the doubt. Instead you immediately started a whiney thread about how insulting it is! geez!
It looks to me like zazz is mainly miffed because NL5 didn't immediately respond to his comments and the fact is .... he did when he got a chance and he also did not say anything that should have pissed anyone off. The question smiley seems appropriate since I too can't see where he did anything wrong at all.
This isn't a tit for tat situation. Not every single comment is gonna get acknowledged simply because some will get overlooked occassionally. It's not because anyone's going "Aha! ...... I'm gonna ignore that guy to insult him" and to get all pissy over it is really lame.
Just don't listen to his stuff anymore if you're so convinced that he's setting out to insult you or if you're that easily insulted. I haven't posted in this clinic in years because I'm mostly an RP'er but to get so nit picky over a one-time occurance is just juvenile. Maybe if it was all the time ...... but it didn't even actually happen this time. It was just a brief overlook of your comment.

Maybe you are unaware, but that is the confused symbol - because I was confused about why the hell you had such a hard on over missing ONE POST. It's not like I put up a link, had 20 responses, and didn't say anything. I TRY and respond to everybody - am I perfect, no. Jeez, just get over it.

ok ..... I went and read the whole thread and it's ridiculous to complain that NL5 didn't respond. All the comments from the time that zazz is griping about were around the same time. Prior to that NL5 responded to every comment.
I often run into crap in life where I don't even get on the 'puter for a week or two .......... can't respond 'till I'm back on. Perhaps NL5 didn't go check this thread often enough because of something like that. Who knows? And you didn't bother to even check or give him the benifit of the doubt. Instead you immediately started a whiney thread about how insulting it is! geez!
It looks to me like zazz is mainly miffed because NL5 didn't immediately respond to his comments and the fact is .... he did when he got a chance and he also did not say anything that should have pissed anyone off. The question smiley seems appropriate since I too can't see where he did anything wrong at all.
This isn't a tit for tat situation. Not every single comment is gonna get acknowledged simply because some will get overlooked occassionally. It's not because anyone's going "Aha! ...... I'm gonna ignore that guy to insult him" and to get all pissy over it is really lame.
Just don't listen to his stuff anymore if you're so convinced that he's setting out to insult you or if you're that easily insulted. I haven't posted in this clinic in years because I'm mostly an RP'er but to get so nit picky over a one-time occurance is just juvenile. Maybe if it was all the time ...... but it didn't even actually happen this time. It was just a brief overlook of your comment.

Thank you. :D

Dude, pop a midol and let it go. NL5 is a pretty stand-up guy. Most everyone that regularly participates in the clinic is. I really doubt he intentionally ignored you.

It was not intentional......
So, basically you felt that you should start a thread in the mp3 clinic, reserved for music, to embarass NL5? Thats sooooooo lame.:rolleyes:

Thank you - yes, please get over it.

I really don't have a "Rockstar attitude" - especially when it's not even my material.......

ahhaaaa nl5 ...we finally meet!! ......but seriously.....this is such a storm in a teacup...i was totally amazed that u shut the thread down with the word fuck in it.....and now its just growing out of all proportion ...if you want to directly answer what i have to say in a logical manner then go for it.....but i really havent got time to pour through all this hot air that everyone is blowing ....

will i shut this thread down......hmmmm

nah..:)

ps....i stand by every word of this opening thread ....if sombody takes the time to download and listen ..and evaluate a track then please do the curtesy of responding in like ...obviously if you had missed the comment and let it go then fine..... this is what makes and active forum ...and not one that is quiet....if some people are embarassed by this .......well so be it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back