please listen and tell

You should pick a song to present instead of pointing us to the whole page. I chose the first one, "the water will rise."

It has potential. I like the guitar tone; classic lo-fi indie. Good singing also but too much reverb and too far back. It sounds like the drummer learned how to play starting last week; not just spare but shaky also and way too soft. I would either leave out the drum all together or find someone who can add something to the beat.

Listened to "The Water Will Rise."

I liked the guitar - both the tone and the part. The little riff was catchy. The song was actually pretty good.

Some suggestions...

I thought the song needed more low end punch. Little at the low end except the guitar. The overall level of the song was pretty quiet, and the guitar dominated the song (covering the vocals).

Harmonies would definitely help. I'd experiment with double tracking the vocals. Not sure how things were tracked, everything seemed a little distant sounding. Singer's voice was nice however. Drums were very "thin."

I heard a little pop at :38.

Keep at it.

beeresin said:
its adrum machine........

WOW...you're really interested in what people have to say about your recordings arent you?

Last edited:
I listened to "atmosphere". good song idea and flow of the melody. I think with the guitar playing the same rythym chart as the drumkit it gets kinda choppy, if you tracked a counter rythym that would fall between those downbeats with another guitar or have the bass play the straight 8's it would smooth immensely. I like the harmonies, the tone on that snare is a bit harsh, Id soften it a little and maybe add a touch of delay. It's a good idea.

Back