Please listen and help with vocals.

NobleSavage

I have a new track on my page at www.mp3.com/vernon_walker called The Forgotten. I'm pretty happy with it, except for the vocals. I'm not much of a singer, so I need as many comments as possible on improving the delivery, but even more important is any help in mixing or fx to make them 'liven' up a bit.

Thanks!

It sounds to me like the vocals are sort of buried.
One thing is that I would take off the echo. What sort of microphone did you use? It almost sounds like you're overpowering the mic at times - maybe the level was just too high. I think you are singing with great passion on the chorus -- I personally think on the verses that you should sing the words a little shorter, and that might give them a little more punch, and less of a ballad quality.
Hope that makes sense! Just my opinion.

Thanks!!! My mic is a cheapy Audio Technica, so that's not really doing me any favors. I really appreciate the tips and will definitely give them a shot.

btw, I've been listening to your songs, just havent found the right words to review them yet, just great, great stuff!

The piano and bass and some of the synths sound like general midi sounds from a Yamaha PSR toy-keyboard. Very annoying. Try to find some better keyboard sounds. There are many inexpensive software samplers you could try. The net is full of free soundfonts that sound better than this. Try!

No offence, just trying to help. Keep up the good work!

fim

the keys are indeed GM. I'll see what I can find for better sounds!

Dont worry about offending me, I wouldnt ask if I didnt really wanna know! :)

Back