Please let me know what you think

Capt. Snazzy

Maybe not your style, I understand..
My four year relationship has disintegrated right in front of me, I was preparing to pop the question (slow, I know this, don't know why...) and she just left me.
Anyway, I don't communicate well face to face, so most of the time, I get back at people in song, that's the case here, so...I'd eventually like to do my own project and would appreciate any comments on whether I have any business messing around with that or I should only record other people.
Thanks
ps, sorry, no full band, I programmed/played/sang/drank in the place of an actual band.

So, here's the link. Any comments welcome

Thanks
Aaron

Last edited:
Hi

Very good song. I like the treatment and the various drum voices that are evolving throughout the song. I think the vocals are over processed with some auto-tuning feature. You can sing in tune so you don't need that effect. At 0:28, the vocal is even scratched by that process. Sometimes, the vocal is too low so bring it more up front. The song is also heavy on low frequencies, you might want brighten it up a little. Very pertinent guitars. I also like the left backing vocal that start at 2:35.

Nice work.

/Jack Real.

Thanks for listening!

Thank you for taking the time to listen and comment, I really appreciate your insight.
I do all my vocals like the one in this song, I feel the degredation you can hear actually helps reflect some of the emotion of the actual lyrics (4 yr. relationship just disintegrated). However, if you'll reply and let me know if, even knowing that, you still think they need to be different, I'll work on it.
I agree on the bass heaviness, I monitor on a pair of carefullly placed and setup v8's, and almost always end up with at least a little bass heavy translation.
again, thanks for the listen and the honest words.

Aaron

Thanks for listening

It's sometimes hard to judge things like levels when you have a specific artistic idea, but I'm starting to agree with you regarding the vocals in that area.
Thanks for your time and suggestion.

Aaron

Back