Please Lend Me Your Ears on this one

zero00

Hello to all, i just uploaded a "new song" called "Not Good Enough", is a song that i made and uploaded a while ago but i wasn't very happy with the outcome so i changed the intro and chorus... Because of my vocal limitations, the chorus now is in my range so the tone is better i think.

I'm using a new mic for vocals a Rode Nt 1000...

I also recorded everything again, bass, guitars, all vocals and drums.

Please let me know what you think...

http://www.myspace.com/virtualbandonline

(on headphones)

The crash cymbal is pretty loud throughout the song. Hope you like the new mic! It sounds pretty cool for your voice but the vox seems to be kinda back in the mix esp during the chorus. Cool guitar guitar and bass tones. Cool guitar solo. You play smoother when you play fast than you do on the main kinda riff. Unless you were trying to keep it staccato, you could probably play it a little more legato to make it sound smoother.

Hi Erockrazor, i just uploaded a new version keeping in mind your advise, i also wasn't crazy about the chorus so i made a new one... i think this is a little better, but i'm not sure get.

Man I love the new mic, is awesome, keeping in mind that i hate my voice, this mic made an incredible improvement... so to those guys who think that having a good mic is not worthy, you are seriously wrong, off course, having a good voice is more important, but the equipment helps a lot.

If anyone have any comments, i'm reading :D

i really like it man. i like the hi hat pattern... maybe toms could liven up some they seem a tad short. i like the arrangement and your backing vocals sound cool.. it kinda reminds me of sublime in a couple spots. good job dude

I like the energy. Song is quirky and weird, but I like it, at least for a listen or two. Crash cymbal is terrible, but the toms sound good. That left crash has gotta go. The guitar solo is cool, if not a bit dated. Whatever, keep doing your thing.:)

i really like it man. i like the hi hat pattern... maybe toms could liven up some they seem a tad short. i like the arrangement and your backing vocals sound cool.. it kinda reminds me of sublime in a couple spots. good job dude

Thanks man... i'll check the toms.

I like the energy. Song is quirky and weird, but I like it, at least for a listen or two. Crash cymbal is terrible, but the toms sound good. That left crash has gotta go. The guitar solo is cool, if not a bit dated. Whatever, keep doing your thing.:)

Hi, yeah, i tried to give some energy to the chorus. The solo is very dated, but i think that doing it live it will be great...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaWU1CmrJNc

Tailor-made for this show. You should send them a CD!!

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA, seriously? that bad? i'm not crazy about the song but... really?? :( Is it the melody? guitars? vocals? everything?

The only thing I really don't dig is the open hihat. It doesn't sound real to me but I'm assuming it is.

Only thing that's bugging me about this--and bugging me quite a bit--is the cymbal I keep hearing in my left speaker (the one that gets smashed on quarter notes in the chorus). Very distracting from an otherwise cool recording.

-and bugging me quite a bit--is the cymbal I keep hearing in my left speaker .

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing when I came across MattDee's comment. I agree, gotta dial back that cymbal during the chorus.

I like where you have the vocals. Not out front, but standing on their own. No need to hate your voice, fits your music perfectly.

Some nice guitar riffs in the solo part.

Good song and well performed.

The only thing I really don't dig is the open hihat. It doesn't sound real to me but I'm assuming it is.

I'm using Superior 2.0 for drums, weird that hihat thing... i like it but if you realized that is fake, then i'm mixing it wrong, so thanks for that, i'll take a look to it.

Only thing that's bugging me about this--and bugging me quite a bit--is the cymbal I keep hearing in my left speaker (the one that gets smashed on quarter notes in the chorus). Very distracting from an otherwise cool recording.

Ok, lots of people told me the same so, i'll try to adjust it tomorrow, i don't know if take it off or change the cymbal, i'll try changing it.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing when I came across MattDee's comment. I agree, gotta dial back that cymbal during the chorus.

I like where you have the vocals. Not out front, but standing on their own. No need to hate your voice, fits your music perfectly.

Some nice guitar riffs in the solo part.

Good song and well performed.

Thanks man, specially for the voice thing... i'll change that cymbal hopefully tomorrow.

1000 Thanks

Back