Please help:(

covana

I am having problems with my snare drum. I can get a really nice tone out of it but I am having troubles with the wires. No matter how tight I have them they make a ringing/buzzing noise after I hit the drum. I tried to fix this problem for 2 weeks now and I can't get rid of the buzz.
What should I do?

I just had the same proplem a while ago.the bottom head was only a couple of months old but when i went to record I could hear the buzz as soon as I put on the new head it was gone.I fucked with the thing for like 2 weeks trying to get rid of the buzz.

Hey Guys
I've always found that the tighter I make my snare wires, the more buzz I get. Try loosening right off and then tighten slowly till you're a) just past the rattle stage, and b) just past the stage where you hear the delay between the stick strike and wires coming back and hitting the bottom head. This is where I get my best snare sound.
Try it out, I can't guarantee the this will work for every snare, but it's worth a go. Obviously skin age & tension will affect it too.
Mark

What a good head to use on the bottom for a alternative/punk rock sound? I use coated ambassadors on the top.

My drummer uses Remo Ambasador clear heads Im not sure if thats what you would want for the sound your looking for.Im preaty sure a new head will solve your proplem though.

I've found that tightening the top head quite a bit will sometimes get rid of the buzz....I usually lossen the snares then tighten up the top head a bit and tighten the snares back up until the buzzing stops. This works for me so maybe it'll work for you too. :)

-tkr

Back