Please Help

SwurVe

Hello,

I would like you to please listen to the following recording and give some tips on some EQ I should apply to the vocal...

The background is an instrumental from the play/show Wicked...

A girl in my high school decided to record a cover song to the song As Long As Your Mine

What you are about to hear is just the main vocal layer and the instrumental.

It was recorded using an Audio-Technica AT3035...I have already compressed the vocal and applied a high pass filter at 100hz...

Now I would like some EQ tips on some stuff I should do....Thank You Very Much

Sounds good, good singing. I don't know about each individual instrument EQwise... but as far as the entire mix goes it has some boominess/muddiness. I'd try lowering that 250hz-500hz midrange on either the whole mix or maybe just the bass guitar and see if that helps some.

Peace

Thank You but the Instrumental is just the full instrumental I got with all the instruments already together....I need help with the vocals mainly

SwurVe said:
Thank You but the Instrumental is just the full instrumental I got with all the instruments already together....I need help with the vocals mainly

Oh, oops... well I'm no vocalist and probably never will be so you'll have to find help from someone other than me on that one :p I still think you could EQ that instrumental track a bit on the midrange. That'd help the overall mix and vocals IMO ;)

Back