Please help with some "How-To" punch in!

Bob F.

I'm a PT rookie, learning how to do a punch-in using PT9. I can get the track to record where I want to do the punch, but I cannot hear the track to be punched playing back while I'm doing the punch-in. Once I enable record on that track (or any track, for that matter), I can't hear any playback for that individual track. If any track is NOT record enabled, I can hear the playback of that individual track.

I appreciate the help! Thanks in advance!:cool:

I think you will need to activate auto-input monitoring up in the track menu. Recorded audio will play back when track is armed then once you punch in your new signal is now heard. Then upon punching out the original audio is now heard again.

That worked. Thanks!

As I'm just learning, I started to do punches on a guitar track. I ended up with many news playlists, about 12-15.

I believe this is what led to crashing my 003 Controller. I expanded the "matches" to new tracks, just to see how that worked. Now I can't open the file at without crashing the 003 to "Offline". I can open other smaller files.

The software ran, though very slowly, and the 003 went offline. I can use the mouse and keyboard on the Mac to run the software, but not the controller.

Any ideas what this is all about? How can I stop this from happening again?

I have a 3.06 Ghz Mac with 8GB RAM.

Not really sure on the issue. When I'm dealing with playlists I have never tried to expand all matches. I thought the matches were something to do with relinking audio tracks, but I was never sure so I didn't play with it. Hopefully you got it all worked out

Thanks, it hasn't done it again since. I was able to delete some unwanted tracks with the mouse and keyboard, and the 003 was able to get back online without crashing. Hopefully it won't happen again. Ever!

Back