Please help, specific question: Drum Tracks

Squashboy

I am really confused here. I know that I'm just inches away from figuring this out but I desperately need help. Here's the deal: I want to get some drum tracks for songs that are mostly guitar/vocal. I'm using n-track software, wave pro 8/24, and the same computer has an SB live in it (which I use for games). A friend of mine (who uses only the SB live) loaned me a "Drumtrax" CD, which calls itself "the Most Complete Library of MIDI File Drum Patterns On The Planet." So loading the CD and using the SB Live built-in synth sounds, I can hear the drum patterns, but I can't figure out how to get a drum track recorded onto the WavePro, using n-Track.

Please Please help!

mmmm, I understand.

same problem with the Guillemot ISIS XL, I cant record music softwares in to Cool Edit Pro software, live, I mean I can play the sequencer and record it in cool edit pro at the same time cause a warning advice apears that you can not use two dispositives at the same time and I have to "transport" the loop, BUT, BUT, BUT:

in the computer of my brothers, it has a noname soundcard that I dont even think that it is full duplex, I CAN do these, run the sequencer and record it in CEP while I am making changes, so, whats wrong here??

I try assign the Seq to out 1, and the CEP recording in IN 2 using a little cable connecting from the soundcard out 1 to the soundcard in 2, does not work. :confused:

Sorry, I have no clue what Proveras is trying to say there :)...

I think I understand your problem, though, Squashboy... you cannot record the MIDI output from the SB Live into the WavePro card. You can use the SB Live's audio channels to record its own internal MIDI sounds, then play them back from any card, but unless there's a hardware path between the two devices, or some way to mix the streams from the two drivers together, no can do. Perhaps future computer audio standards will allow one to internally mix the streams from any number of sound devices together through software, but we're not quite there yet.

Another approach is to send the audio output of the SB Live back into the WavePro card's inputs and redigitize the signal using the WavePro's ADC. Or if it has an S/PDIF in and your Sound Blaster Live has a S/PDIF output, this might work without you having to reroute the analog audio cables... I've been meaning to try this with my SB Live and my Delta 66 card. I'm not sure it'll sound any better than just using the SB Live's audio hardware to record it.

-AlChuck

Back