Please help! Something's missing in between these mixes!

tapeTEMPO

Hey you guys.. I've been messaging back and forth with my engineer and something happened in between the insanely rough mix to the mix we have now, where something's just missing after the guitar solo going into the last chorus. I've attached an edited mp3 with both of the mixes at the part. It just sounds like on the new recording that something's rolling away. How would you guys describe that drop in a more accurate way?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• Everyday people comparisons.mp3
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
Mix 1 the drums/cymbals are sitting 'in front of the mix'. Mix 2, they are blended in better. I think maybe that's the difference you are hearing - you notice it more after the mix 2 guitar solo because the guitar solo is louder in it.

It just sounds like something is rolling off.. like there's more bass and higher frequencies have just gone away. The voice sounds more muffled to my ears...

It just sounds like something is rolling off.. like there's more bass and higher frequencies have just gone away. The voice sounds more muffled to my ears...
Try walking away from it for about a week and work on another project and then revisit this one.

Back