Please help (New to Computer Recording)

YungPoke

I just bought a computer and a Delta 1010 and need help hooking all my equipment up to the 1010. Heres a list of my equipment:

Fostex VF-160
Gemini Turntable
Pyle Pro DJ Mixer
ASR-10
Behringer Truth Monitors
Rode NTK Mic
Focusrite Platinum Voicemaster Pro
MPC 2000XL
CD Player

I had no problem hooking everthing up before but now with the computer and delta 1010 it seems a little funny. I want the Computer software (SONAR 2.0XL) to run everything else. Any help would be greatly appreciated. What Im looking for is what to hook up via MIDI and cables eg.....hook midi in to asr midi out etc.....

OK so you're already recording 16 (concurrent?) tracks, I'm not sure why you want to move to a PC and record only 8 at a time?

Or maybe tell us how many tracks you need to record at once, & how many tracks you need in total.

You've got three recording devices and three possible inputs to your system. Did you buy all of this before you had a clear picture of what you intended to do with it? If not, you should have SOME idea of what you want to use the Fostex recorder for, what you want to use the computer for, etc.

If you need specific help with something less difficult and time consuming than general setup post it and somebody here will try to help. As it is, IMO you need to get a few steps further down the road.

Back