Please help, need a quick fix

nialldoran

hey, the handle on my hardcase for my guitar fucking broke today, its not a hard solid plastic handle, its like a figure 8 rubber handle and one end of it snapped see the pic below, i was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what i can do to either fix this one or get rid of it, and find a new solution, please help as there is no point in having a case, if i cant carry it
thanks,
Niall

2zq6h7d.jpg

hey, the handle on my hardcase for my guitar fucking broke today, its not a hard solid plastic handle, its like a figure 8 rubber handle and one end of it snapped see the pic below, i was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what i can do to either fix this one or get rid of it, and find a new solution, please help as there is no point in having a case, if i cant carry it
thanks,
Niall
Here's what I did with a little Supro amp with the same problem. It's made out of cotton clothesline cord:

Attachments

• handle.jpg
    handle.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 40
nice man that looks like a decent cheap fix for myself how did you do it? i mean whats it curled/twisted around?

nice man that looks like a decent cheap fix for myself how did you do it? i mean whats it curled/twisted around?
It's one piece of cord. I tied one end to one of the tie points and went back and forth between them a couple of times to make the core, tied an overhand knot through the tie point to keep it from slipping, and then wrapped around that core from one tie point to the other. Tied it off and cut off the excess. It took about 5 minutes. I've done that amp and a couple of guitar cases that way; it's easy to do and the price is right.

sweet! I've got an old gibson skylark amp that's going to be very carryable again once I get some rope. Thanks!

It's one piece of cord. I tied one end to one of the tie points and went back and forth between them a couple of times to make the core, tied an overhand knot through the tie point to keep it from slipping, and then wrapped around that core from one tie point to the other. Tied it off and cut off the excess. It took about 5 minutes. I've done that amp and a couple of guitar cases that way; it's easy to do and the price is right.

yeah great, its such a simple solution, will have to put something else around the rope cause my guitar is heavy and it hurts my fingers carrying the damn thing

yeah great, its such a simple solution, will have to put something else around the rope cause my guitar is heavy and it hurts my fingers carrying the damn thing
You can do that or take the cord back and forth more times to make the core bigger. Or wrap it twice. Or use thicker cord.

Back