PLEASE HELP! My pro tools is playing tracks faster than its suppose too!!

DopestAlive

Hi ive been self recording for about 3 years now and ive never really ran into this problem! What has happened is I recently purchased a beat and received its WAV trackouts. But when i dragged and dropped each WAV and pressed play pro tools played back the song in a faster speed! I tested to see if it was just the trackouts sent by the producer by closing pro tools and opening up another session and drag and dropping another beats trackouts but the same thing happens! The beat still plays faster than its suppose too! PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT! I'm really trying to record tonight!

Notes:
-I'm using Pro Tools 9 Fasttrack
-The interface im using is the M-Audio Fasttrack Pro
-I am a dreamer and i am desperate to find the right solution!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

[SUB][/SUB]Might be a sample rate mismatch, although I thought ProTools would auto-convert.

Rather than dragging/dropping, try importing your files through the menu. That should let you pick sample rate options and convert the files, if necessary.

Alternatively, try creating a new session at the same sample rate as your files.

Thanks so much for replying! Im going to try this immediately when i get home! But i was wondering i would i find out the sample rate of my files? Sorry for the noob question :( thanks again!

Perhaps there's something different about the wav files on this occasion that's causing the problem.

On Apple osx right click->get info will tell you the sample rate and bit depth.
Not 100% if windows does the same.

Hey thanks so much Steenamaroo!! Your advice solved it!! Now that i imported the files instead of drag and dropping the track is playing beautifully :). Thank you again for helping me with my noob question!

Back