Please help me with m-audio delta 2496

After buying my delta 24/96 based on recommendations. I finally installed it today.

I'm confused about drivers. I downloaded the latest from the website which I believe are WDM, how do I go about getting ASIO drivers (I don't really understand what they are)

I record using Sony Acid and I'm still getting noticeable latency. So I am really not sure how to set things up always around.

Any tips or advice for settings would be greatly appreciated. I am using a Windows XP computer with 1gb of memory and an AMD 2400+ chip.

Thanks

Tony

The WDM "driver" you have supports the ASIO standard.

WDM = Windows Driver Model.
The Delta driver used with the Audiophile will work with the following standards....
Windows MME
Windows DirectSound
WDM Kernal Streaming
Steinberg ASIO
Tascam GSIF.

It's up to the program you're using. Somewhere ACID should have a device/preferences/options menu where you can select it to use the Delta ASIO.
With ASIO selected, the latency can be set in the M-audio Delta control panel hardware settings. The DMA buffer should be set to 256 or less for reasonably short latency.

Thanks man, I Figured it out, I didn't realize that I already had the ASIO drivers + I found the right place to change it ACID (I also did not realize I needed to change it in the recording program).

Everything is working well now.

Thanks

Tony

Back