Please help me identify Electro Voice mic?

trew

Got this old mic a while back. The person I bought it from said that it was used in a church, hung from the ceiling and that's why it is white (to blend in with the ceiling I guess) and that the white paint is original from EV. Yeah, right.

Anyway, I've used it a lot and I like the way it sounds, but now I'm curious about the model number and any other details about it. I'm getting tired of just calling it "the white EV mic".

It's kind of smallish, although slightly bigger than a 627A that I have. It's about 6.5 inches long, .75" at bottom and 1.5" at top. XLR connection, on/off switch. I'm pretty sure it's a cardioid dynamic.

Can someone please help me out with this??

Attachments

• evwhite01.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 87
I believe that isn't a mic. It's that thing they use to throw holy water on the people, or is that just in Holland? You know that thing that looks like the thing you clean the toilet with, or is that also just in Holland?

Well, Downside-I'm not sure what the water sprinkler thing is called, but I'm pretty sure that the thing it looks like that you are referring to is called a "toilet bowl brush" and yes, we have them in the USA, too.

I am absolutely POSITIVE that this IS a microphone!! First of all, my mic cable fits into the XLR jack perfectly. Secondly, I got some really tasty acoustic guitar sounds when I use it to record.

Now, do you actually believe that a water sprinkler that looks like a toilet bowl brush could really sound good on acoustic guitar?? That's complete nonesense. In fact, I bet that if you tried to use the sprinkler thing to record with, you'd end up with very little signal or possibly no signal at all!

So, I guess no one recognizes the microphone? (And, again, it definitely IS a microphone). That's too bad, because it absolutely kicks ass on acoustic guitar..and if we could figure out what it is, I would recommend it to everyone!

Back