please help me find a pic

crazyjman

I know I've seen different bands with drum racks made out of chain and for the life of me I can't remember who it was or even find a picture of any. I was trying to explain it to a friend of mine and now he thinks I'm full of shit. Can anybody help me out?
A link to a nice pic would really help out :(

I wonder how much of a pain in the ass that would be to haul around on tour...

oh well, it looks cool as hell though!

He probably never touched it. That's what forklifts are for! Back then I remember seeing them unloading the kit fully assembled from the back of an 18-wheeler.

Anyone remember Robert Sweet of Stryper fame? Didn't he have a chain get-up too before Rockenfield?

fritzmusic said:
He probably never touched it. That's what forklifts are for! Back then I remember seeing them unloading the kit fully assembled from the back of an 18-wheeler.
That's how a lot of bands do it. The kit is shipped right on the drum riser. Unload from truck, set on stage, polish and mount cymbals, plug mikes into snake, and voila...Good to go!!! Good example is Nicko McBrain's (of Iron Maiden...for you uneducated folks) new kit, with massive custom rack.

Damn this spreading rep around business!
I saw an Iron Maiden tour tiary, and Nicko's kit gets shipped as one. Yes it is a beaut!

Back