Please Help: I need to know how to record to cubase with my line6 pod via midi cable

Singhy

Hey, i am having problems getting cubase to recognise any noise. When i move the knobs on the pod a bar on cubase moves up and down, but when i play the guitar there is nothing... please help! Would be much appreciated.
Alex

YOU CAN'T!!!!

As Halion said, MIDI is not audio, MIDI stands for Musical Instrument Digital Interface, and it's a common BINARY language that 99.9% of music equipment share to be able to communicate with each other. What all this means is that it's only computer data, you can't send an audio signal through a MIDI cable unless you convert it to MIDI before.
You can do it in the case of a keyboard because being a digital instrument, it also sends through it's MIDI out a bunch of information like, what note you play, how hard, and how long it lasts, among others. But it won't actually record the sound, only the information.

The MIDI in and out in Line6's POD are only to modify the sounds from your computer, or to control your POD with a footpedal.

Each knob in the POD has a MIDI channel assigned to it, when you connect your POD to Cubase through the POD's MIDI out to your soundcard's MIDI in, what you are doing is controlling Cubase's functions that are on the same channels that correspond to the POD's knobs, as if you were using any other MIDI controller surface. Understand???

If you want to record MIDI from your guitar you will need to get a MIDI pickup and a guitar synth. Otherwise, just take the audio signal from your POD's left out, and into your soundcard line in.

Back