Please help, i am loosing my mind!

dedo

hi, i am a newbie here, so please don't shoot...
i have extensively searched the web, read this and other forums faq, before i decided to join this one.

i have a problem, and even though i am not a ludite, can not solve it.

equipment:
1. PC with 5.1 in build audio (will buy sound card as soon as i get some spare cash, second hand)
2. Mixer Behringer 802
3. Sound card UCA200 that came with the mixer above
4. Hi-Fi
5. Behringer V-Ampire LX1200H
6. Guitar
7. Behringer XU-Control UMX25 keyboard midi
8. Normal synth with only 1/4" out
9. Microphone condenser

Soft:
1. Magix with Asio
2. Ableton 8 and 9 Live

Problem:
You may have guessed, can not get all to work. I have tried every option. Would like to be able to record the guitar and mic or guitar and synth (i am not sure if possible 3 channels on my mixer) separately at the same time, whilst playing drums on computer in a loop in Ableton. I would like to be able to play my guitar on the amp as it has a lot of effects. I hve all possible effects.
Is it possible to listen the computer drums on the hi-fi, and maybe the keyboard on the hi-fi, and the guitar on guitar amp?

Please let me know what goes to what, i have all possible jacks, adaptors, and a midi in/out to usb.

Anyone? Help?

Thank you in advance. I do realise that this may have been answered somewher, but for the love of god, can not find it. If not, please help.

Thank you,

dedo

You will only be able to record 2 separate audio tracks simultaneously using the UCA200 as your interface. You could possible record the MIDI from the Behr keyboard at the same time (how many people do you have playing? if its just you, this is all moot).

Guitar, vocal mic, synth into separate channels of the mixer. Choose which ones you are going to record, pan one full left and one full right. Outputs of the mixer to the two inputs of the UCA 200, USB from the UCA200 to your computer. USB from the MIDI keyboard to your computer.
Outputs from the UCA 202 to your hifi (I guess that's your only monitoring choice right now?)

Where you are going to be stuck with this set up - no direct monitoring. You may have some latency (delay) in what you hear compared to what you play, depending on your settings in your DAW

Where you are going to be stuck with this set up - no direct monitoring. You may have some latency (delay) in what you hear compared to what you play, depending on your settings in your DAW

He can direct monitor through the mixer. It has the functionality.

mjbphotos...as simple as that eh? i am sure i've tried that previously ;) and it did not work - it did now! THANK YOU! i have never thought of using panning in this way...

thank you for The response and the Speed of the response. much appreciated.

now, i don't want to drag you from one problem to another, but what i tried is to hook the output from the uca200 to the stereo 5/6 (guitar in ch2) so i can pan it to left, guitar to right, as you were right, can not monitor. i have placed the main outputs from the mixer to the hifi direct. but when i record on ableton, it records the guitar AND the rest of song...if there is a way, easy one to help me with a pointer or two, let me know. if not, don't worry, i will keep trying.

bouldersoundguy, thank you for your comment - any suggestions as to how to monitor from this setup, please?

thank you guys...

Connect the control room outputs to your stereo system or plug headphones into the mixer's headphone output, press 2-Track to Control Room. Connect the UCA device to the 2-track input/output of the mixer. You'll hear the live inputs plus the playback but you'll only record the live inputs.

Back