please help answer this ?

next big thing

does anyone have a good formula for deciding what tempo to make a song?like most of my stuff i do at around 92-94 bpm.a lot of problems i am having is putting my lyrics to them.just so we are on same page i do hip hop(at least i try).any help is perfect.thanks ahead of time

nextbigthing

re

but post is about at what rate to record?so i believe my question would be best posted here.as my question is not how to match my voice but at what speed to produce the track?hope this helps!

nextbigthing

I know what your post is about. Song tempo has more to do with songwriting than recording techniques. You will have better luck in the Songwriting forum...*hint*

Now if you want to talk about HOW to record, this is your forum....

Ed

Ed, these sores on my genetalia arent going away like you said they would...what forum should I post it in.....:mad:

I'm not gonna answer this unless maybe if you post it in the songwriting forum. And then I'm not gonna answer it either, cuase I really don't have a clue. :eek:

(Sonusman is not being very nice to you at this moment, but he's got a point, and he helped me out alot of times allready. So he's right. :D )

Oh, and gidge, I think that belongs in the 'Other Equipment and Reviews'-forum...

LOL, Roel. :)

NBT - There is no answer to your question - whatever forum you post it in. There is no formula to bpm - just like there's no formula for lyrics, chords, or melodies. They're all part of the process of writing a song.

Write the song - then tap your foot to the beat for 60 seconds. If you count the number of foot taps, that's your bpm. (You could also count for 15 seconds and multiply by 4 :) )

*Some smartass will probably tell me that only works for 4/4 time*

dachay2tnr said:
*Some smartass will probably tell me that only works for 4/4 time*
Now that would be a rather stupid smartass... ;) Check it. It will work.
It won't work for irregular timebases as 4/4+3/8 etc... :p

Forget about the tempo and just write the complete song, including lyrics. When you are finished, you'll be in a better position to determine how fast or slow the song should go.

Cy

Back