Please give opinions on sound quality......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL1ALhn_xZ0

danbs10

Hi, I have recently posted my first video using my new equipment, AKG C2000b condenser mic, alto zephyr mixer and full hd camcorder.

I am not overly impressed with the sound quality so please have a listen and give me some suggestions on how to improve the sound quality.

During recording the mic picked up some strange tapping noises which I removed using Audacity and then I added some reverb in Adobe Premiere Elements so this isn't a "raw" recording.

Thanks

Hi, I have recently posted my first video using my new equipment, AKG C2000b condenser mic, alto zephyr mixer and full hd camcorder.

I am not overly impressed with the sound quality so please have a listen and give me some suggestions on how to improve the sound quality.

During recording the mic picked up some strange tapping noises which I removed using Audacity and then I added some reverb in Adobe Premiere Elements so this isn't a "raw" recording.

Listening to it on my laptop speakers, it sounds a little boomy, which probably means you're using a cardioid mic and it is too close to the sound source. Either back off a few feet or roll off the low end/midrange a little.

Alternatively, find a pair of omni mics and put them a lot closer. This is the more common way to record acoustic guitar, at least when you're talking about studio recordings, as it allows you better control over the balance between finger picking noise and the sound of the guitar itself.

Also, the reverb is a bit too heavy for my tastes, particularly in the lows and mids, as it seems to be making them boomier.

Finally, a lot of the upper frequencies seem to be missing or dampened, which might be the room (too much acoustic treatment, carpet, etc.), or it might be an EQ problem (hint: don't use any EQ when tracking; you can always add it in post if you need to). Or it could just be that you need to change your strings.

Wow, I didn't expect that!
When I check these kind of posts, I'm used to seeing some lugan sceaming some rap garbage bragging about "his beats".

Here's my 2 cents worth.
You're talent shines, but as mentioned, too much reverb. I think the way you showcase the vid is too make it intimate. You need the guitar to sound lifelike. A classical guitar should sound much more close. ( again too much reverb). Make me hear it like I'm sitting in front of you. A touch of compression may help, and play with EQ. A touch of reverb if needed.

Thanks for making my morning. I'm going to play guitar all day!

Nice playing! Even though I'm not a beatles fan. The balance seemed to be off louder on the left than right. The bass seems to be distorting and there is an unnatural hiss.
Maybe if you post a copy of the tune prior to processing?
Way too much reverb.

Back