Please give feedback on my mixes

DKRecords

Hey Guys,

I would appreciate any feedback on my mixes of these two songs. I recorded and mixed the first song "Give Me a Dream" with my cousin's band. The second song, "Everybody Praise the Lord" is my rendition of Lincoln Brewster's song.

Thanks!

I listened to Give Me a Dream.

Thought the vocals were good. Well performed and they sounded nice.

I thought the guitars were pretty thin and a bit on the wimpy side. Sounds like all the low end was taken out of them. A little too fizzy as well.

I think you could turn up the bass a bit.

Drums are kind of far back in the mix. Snare sound was OK. I'm having a little trouble hearing the kick - but what I can hear is a little boxy. Cymbals were kind of thin and sparse sounding.

I went for everybody praise.
First impressions..It sounds really tight to me. It's got a RAMI thing going on in that it's just really clean and well defined.
Everything has it's place.
The only nit is that there's the very occasional high vocal line that doesn't carry the same strength as the rest.
I only mention it because it sounds like you, assuming you're the singer, have it in you to hit it hard.

IDK. It sounded so good to me that I downloaded the other track to see what Trip was talking about.
The other track is a different story. It doesn't sound bad or anything, but I'd agree with Trip's comments.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I am learning new things with each mix I do. My cousin Rob was actually singing in both of these songs. Everybody Praise was a little on the high end of his vocal range, so some of the parts were kinda tough for him to reach. I agree about the kick not standing out too well in the mix for Give me a Dream. I have trouble getting the kick to sit well in the mix. Any suggestions there? And I also agree... I tend to mix guitars kind of bright/boost the treble end a bit... maybe a bit too much sometimes.

Thanks for the feedback guys! I am learning new things with each mix I do. My cousin Rob was actually singing in both of these songs. Everybody Praise was a little on the high end of his vocal range, so some of the parts were kinda tough for him to reach. I agree about the kick not standing out too well in the mix for Give me a Dream. I have trouble getting the kick to sit well in the mix. Any suggestions there? And I also agree... I tend to mix guitars kind of bright/boost the treble end a bit... maybe a bit too much sometimes.

Nothing new to tell you. Whatever you did on 'everybody praise' should be your manual. I think it sounds great. ;)

Back