Please give feedback for this mix

DKRecords

Hey Everyone,

My friends and I get together every year and record a Christmas song for fun. I'd appreciate some of your feedback on this year's mix of "O Holy Night".

Thanks!

Hey, sounds like the song speed up for a second at about 3 seconds into the song. Not sure if you intended that or not but it seemed a bit odd. Another thing I noticed is the drums sounds so spread apart. The hard panned cymbals in particular. The vocals and the guitars all sound awesome though. Really enjoyed the cover man :)

I thought the vocal sounded nice. Good singing. I think it could be compressed a little harder. Ends of lines get lost in the instruments. I thought the harmony vocals were nice. I think you could nudge them up just a little bit.

I thought the rhythm guitars were too dark. Missing some hi midrange. They sounded like amp sims - lacking a bit of punch.

Kick and snare sounded pretty good. Cymbals sound a bit cheap, and I agree they're panned too hard.

This is one of my favorite Christmas songs. I think it's beautiful.

I would agree the guitars are a little dark . I would also try to mix it up a little on the midi drums . Try to have a few different patterns of the kick and hi hats . A few alternate snare patterns . And ad a little verb or room on the drums . Compress the vocals for a little more sparkle :)

Back