Please critique "Tiny Pieces"

nice tune.. I would bring the drums down a hair and maybe roll off a little of the low end on the vocal.. good guitar solo.. the sound was a little scratchy sounding.. I wasn't crazy about the length of the outro organ solo.. could have faded it a lot earlier or played something a little more exciting or something.. I don't know..

Sounds like Steve Miller Band....

I think the Guitar solo should come up... if you're going to have a guitar solo like that, I think it should really come out loud and clear.

i like this song. the lead vocals kind of sound like they are "hanging" over the instruments a bit. maybe just turn the volume down on them or pan them a bit more. plus for this music maybe a little hotter sound on the vocals would be cool, kind of dirty the sound a little. i think maybe the organ sound could be panned more left or right to make the stereo field a bit wider. i think the singer is really good but maybe one on or two lines could loosen up a bit....not like a yeehaw but something to kind of break up the delivery of the song a bit. im not sure whether this song is supposed to be pop country or more alt country but to me it sounds like it would be cooler as a kind of uncle tupelo type song with a bit rawer, tubier guitar sound and maybe a slightly more drunk vocal style.

47ronin

Catchy little tune that seems to be performed pretty well....but you have some audible hiss at the beginning of the song...probably from a miced guitar amp??

locate the track and kill the hiss and your intro will be much cleaner.

aside from some level issues, nice job.

yeah, not bad man. Personally, I'd kill that 50's vocal effect...sounds like a combo of a stereo delay and verb, but it just kinda' sounds cheap to me. Maybe just go with a medium room or something...it'd be similar, without making me think of Jerry Lee Lewis, lol. :D

Thanks

Thanks for taking the time...of all the songs I have had a part in making, this is my favorite...it means a great deal to me to receive positive, unbiased responses...I will reread the comments and consider the things to work on, but right now I'm just happy it did not get totally trashed.

hey, wasn't my style of music

but i thought it was recorded good.

the drums sound a little fake, or artifical or something... i don't know enoguh about recording. the hi-hat or the cymbals especially.

i really like the guitar sound and the riff, it's nicely put on the right hand side i thought, cause it stands out.

the end solo thing i thought wasn't a very good move. i didn't like the ending.

vocals were okay.

good work

Made me think of Steve Earle for some reason. Good song, the vocal is really too far in your face (and as was already said could do with the low end being cut a little, or something else to make it less muddy). There's some nice guitar stuff going on which seemed to get lost.

Back