please critique this rock and roll song

donkeystyle

this is a rock and roll song that my friend and i jokingly wrote. we decided that it was really fun and that we wanted to record it. we had one of our friends come play drums on it. he had never heard it until the day of the recording. i know we ripped off a bunch of stuff.....it's supposed to be kinda silly.

IT"S VOCAL LESS AND A ROUGH MIX

the drummer also played bass on it.

be as harsh as you want, and review whatever you want; song quality, mix quality, sound quality, whatever.......anything but vocals

to alanfc: the guitar in the right is my rivera knucklehead and the guitar in the left is my friends marshall and i dont know what type it was.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=3871&alid=-1

please use the hi-fi play, not lo-fi.

Hey:

You seem to have a pretty good mix going there.
The drums sound nice and solid, did you have lots of mics on them?
I guess the bass could use a little more definition, the guitars are nice and up front.
I'd say go ahead and write some words and make it complete.
Good Job ds:)

i think the drum mix is off. i think everything but the bassdrum needs more volume.

the only drum i used more than one mic on was the bass drum, and that was a mic inside and a speaker outside. i had just found the speaker and i wanted to see what it sounded like. i found out that it sounded like poo. i should have used one of my other speakers.

i dont think that any of the 3 people involved in that recording are happy with the drum sounds. we're all pretty happy with the guitar sounds though. i agree about the bass, but i dont think i'm going to do anything about it right now. maybe add some high end once we get vocals on it, but right now i'm tired of mixing a vocal-less song.

thanks for listening.

yeah apparently i did have more fun recording it that YOU had listening to it. now are you going to critique it or just be a prick? you can hate it as much as you want, as long as you can tell me why.

this bbs and especially this forum is here for constructive reasons, not so some jackass that has none of his own work to show us can come here and be a prick.

Back