please critique shes all mine

sounds pretty good. i really like the sounds you got out of the guitars. bass sounds clean. i could definitely use more vocals though. guitars/bass seem to be overpowering him. same with the harmonies...bring them up with the lead vox. Not sure if the drums have reverb on them or they were just recorded like that, but they seem pretty far back in the mix too. Especially the snare. It sounds like the drummer is in a big room while the rest of the musicians are in a smaller room. Try and make them all with eachother. But overall, I like it! Good job :cool:

benny that was how its suppost to sound on the drums its called the ny vs la style. The drums were recorded in a large open room with 2 u87s and a soundeulax u47 tube mic all for room mics through 4 neve 1073s the room mics were compressed severly through a manly vari mu compressor and the vocals were dry in a sound booth with a u87 through a avalon 737. I should of said this this mix was dry cause this is the quality of a shop demo these days. Its a solo artist and were pushing what he could sound like on a record for a producer, so you dont add any reverb or treatment just well recorded dry vocals thanks for the review though :)

Actually, NY style usually referred to adding a pumping compressor bussed from the ryhthm section tucked-in just under the mix to add depth and texture to the bottom.

I agree with Benny about the ambience. As a mix, it doesn't sound cohesive in terms of ambience or depth.... if you intended it that way, for a specific purpose, then fine -- but then you should probably mention that up front so that people who have ears don't have to point it out to you as a problem..... which it definitely is if it were a mix intended for end-user listening (instead of a producer-specific mix)........

blue bear "the room mics were compressed severly through a manly vari mu compressor" that kind of explains the pumping thing but i do agree with what your saying i think i over did the room mics should have pulled the room mics back a bit or used a distressor thanks for the critique

Back