Please comment on this recording!

jeronimo

Hey guys, this song is not in English I might tell you, I just would like to hear your comments about the recording and mixing...
The link to it is: automata, the song is Trilhar... it's a mp3...
Please tell me how do you like it...

Are you in this your band?

The mix: Vocals need to come up a bit, synth stuff down. Neat overall sound. I'm not a pro mixer or anything, I just go with what I hear. :) Maybe someone else can help with the technical terms!

Good tune. I think the cymbals and high hat are way hot and could come down some.
Add some more thump to the bass drum and bring the bass out. The vocals are a little thin and could cmoe up some more. Good recording of all the instruments. Just mix it a little lower maybe and a touch of eq in the right spots... good

well, I listened, and sorry I, I have nothing to add to what Toki987 wrote.. the mix sound really good to me!

cheers

Nice killer big rock sound! Lots of thump.
Vocals need to come up for sure. Snare's a little thin sounding and there's some neat stuff going on with it you have to strain to hear.

That break near the end was a little weird on headphones.

Good tune.

edit: shit, i hit the wrong icon by mistake :0

I hadn't seen Toki's post about needing more "thump" lol, but I'll defer to his wisdom :). My comment may have been more general.

I think this smokes. You Brazillians can ROCK! Great gtr sounds and good bottom end. The vocals could come out and changed to english if ya like-lol. Great drumming also. The mix sounded good on my monitors. Ill be listening to this song more than once.
Good work.
PS, If I fire my drummer will you come to Oregon?
Myx

Vocals seem to be the weak link to my deaf ears:) , compared to everything else..just a little on the thin sound. Everything else is smokin!! What mic did you use for the vocals? Great tune..

I used a MXL V67 thru a VC6 into a 001... so... it didn't help the singer much...
:) That break near the end is a "fix" let's say it this way :)

Back