Please Check the Instruments and Vocals for Balance in "Comic Book Heroes"

Crazy Luke

Here's a song that I'm hoping will get picked up in some upcoming superhero movie. Please give feedback on what can come up or down in this mix.

Attachments

• Comic Book Heroes Mix 108.mp3
    7.9 MB · Views: 18
I think this mix is very good. I can't offer anything in that regard. This screams 1986 though, you realize? For modern movies, I'd work on a more modern sound. just my opinion.

Hey,
it really sounds like the theme music to an 80s/early 90s cartoon/anime series. Mix sounds good to me (Good arrangement too). Maybe the bass-line could have some more definition.

I think this mix is very good. I can't offer anything in that regard. This screams 1986 though, you realize? For modern movies, I'd work on a more modern sound. just my opinion.

Yes, it screams 1987 because this series of songs WERE written in the late 80' when I and the lead singer were playing the LA club scene when we were kids (Poison opened for us at one show). We decided to take our 4-Track recordings of these songs, and enter the digital age, as we laid down new tracks in my daw. The idea that this song could make it onto a movie is farfetched, but a guy can dream, right?

hey luke. the drums at the 15 second mark are distorting, i think. maybe check. the kick drum sounds really loud, in general

Yes, it screams 1987 because this series of songs WERE written in the late 80' when I and the lead singer were playing the LA club scene when we were kids (Poison opened for us at one show). We decided to take our 4-Track recordings of these songs, and enter the digital age, as we laid down new tracks in my daw. The idea that this song could make it onto a movie is farfetched, but a guy can dream, right?

absolutely. it's a good song, and well-mixed

Back