Please Can I have some feedback!!

izman

Hey guys, thanks for taking your time to read my post but anway can i please have some feedbacks on the rap song that i mixed aswell as co-produced the beat. all critics are welcome and dont be afraid to leave nasty one solong as they dont offend anyone thanks very much..:) :)

http://www.box.net/shared/qfotuvyya7

Last edited:
I'd pull the vocals down quite a bit really. Bit of boxyness in the vox too. Not bad but, I might pull a tad arounf 200hz and use a high pass if you have not already.

yeah the vocals are too loud relative to the beat. Right now it sounds like a demo/freestyle thing. The beat behind it sounds well-produced, if not a little derivative of everything else in this genre.

But take my comments for what they are worth, I'm a metal guy myself :P

Make that another vote for the vocals being too loud. I'd take the effects off of the doubled vocal - they don't really add anything helpful and end up making things kind of indistinct.

The ambient treatment of the vocal is different from the instruments. So they sounded like they were recorded in different places.

I thought the instruments sounded good.

thanks 4 the comments, i will mix it once again and take all the comments in account and post the remix. :)

The vox are to loud and sounds like there was a sock over the mic when it was recorded. I understand what you are going for with the vocal doubling but the timing needs to be exact on it. It might sound better if you duplicated the track then delayed it by a few milliseconds.

The music and beat sound raido ready though. Great job on that.

The beat sounds great!!! Really good job there.

The flow does not do it for me....at all. Does he have a speech impediment that you are trying to cover with FX? Seriously, not trying to be a douchebag, but I could not understand what the hell he was saying, except for "CLUB, CLUB, CLUB". The doubling is killing the articulation of the flow and it sounds completely jumbled and unintelligable....to my ears.

Vox are too hot as stated before, but the real problem lies in the weird/washy/jumbled flow.

Again, the beat sounds great and with a bit of touch up on the vox this could be really cool..

Sounds fine to me - the vox may be a little too loud.
Seems the accent may be bothering some listeners.
Refreshingly not NY for my ears.

The vocals are really plain. Boost the highs and cut some of the mids. Maybe even add some nice reverb. Definitely pull them down a bit in the mix. And the bass is really boomy. It kills other parts of the song at times.

aye the rapper is scottish so the accent is tottally different

+1 for the Scotts. The cat performing "Please Come Home for Christmas" is Scottish(It's the song I have posted in the MP3 Clinic) I have a hard time understanding him as well...and he's one my best friends!

I liked it. Theres an actual song there. When it gets to the chorus I would layer 5 or 6 voices so it sounds like people chanting in a club. It would also make the chorus distinct from the verse, at first I thought the chorus was another verse until it repeated. Needs emphasis on the chorus. Overall I thought the ideas were quite a bit better than most amateur rap.

thanks PDP I will try to put the club chants in and we could see how it sounds. once again thanks for the comments

Back