playing a phrase in reverse

vulcanofga

I have a Roland 1880.I was wondering if anyone has ever recorded a phrase and played it backwards.I guess it is possible to use the phrase move function and put the start point on the from and the end on the to location.

Has anyone ever tried anything like this?

Not on a VS1880 but backwards recording is very common.

A cool trick is to play the guitar track in reverse and record a 100% wet reverb track on it's own channel. Then reverse the reverb and play it with the normal track and you have Preverb. Zeppellin used that effect on a lot of stuff. Sounds cool on vocals and drums or slow guitar parts.

Here's a trick I used to use every now and then before I had a DAW. I track to ADATs first off. When it's time for the lead track, I'd pull out my old and seldom used anymore Tascam 238 8 track cassette recorder, start the tune in the ADATs, and track the lead solo to the 238. Here was the tricky part. I'd pull out the tape and put it in backwards in the 238 and have it cued to the point where the now reversed lead began, start the ADATs playing with the track destined for the lead in record, and at the right time (the tricky part) started playback on the 238. Sometimes it was the coolest thing you ever heard, sometimes it was like bad acid.

Back